Monday, August 5, 2019

Lost weight but gained issues

Throughout the last year or so, I've lost 105 punds, and gone from BMI 43,3 to 29. Even lost two shoe sizes. Still got another 40 punds to go before I can consider myself "done" with this journey.

But even with all this hard work and dedication, I've never had a worse body image than i do now. Maybe it's just because of all the focus i've had on my body this last year, but I spend more time in the mirror judging myself now than I did before.

By now, people are obviously noticing my weight loss, and are giving me compliments and comments on the loss. They are all positive, supportive and impressed, but I hate when people mention it. I've hardly talked about this journey with anyone, and would rather fall down a hole than to open up about it. Pretty much kept the weight loss to myself. I don't know why. Perhaps it's because it forces me to realize what I used to be, but it also gives me a clear image of what other people thought of me back then.

I'm happy to loose the weight, it makes my physical life so much easier. But it's like even though my body evolved to the better, my mind stayed behind or was kind of lost on the way. Do you or anyone else have the same experience??

submitted by /u/SindyCrawford
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/33cBlOx

No comments:

Post a Comment