Friday, August 9, 2019

Lost 50 lbs, about 35 to go, hitting a plateau. Tips?

I began my weight loss journey in April of 2018. I was 5’6” and 239 lbs. in May of 2019 I was 188 lbs. I “took off” for a couple months, and worked on maintaining rather than losing. Mid-July I picked things back up. In about 4 weeks, I’m only down to 186. I don’t mind losing relatively slowly, I think it’s what will keep this off permanently, but I was hoping for at least 1 lb a week. I’ve been at less than .5 a week since July.

Tips for those who have plateaued and want to speed things back up? I’m being extra mindful of calories in/calories out, and on paper (er, my app) it looks like a 700 calorie deficit on most days. There’s of course a chance I’m underestimating my food intake, but I usually purposefully overestimate my items without nutrition facts to account for that. I can’t run due to a leg injury, but I walk often, and sometimes hike (usually 5-6 days a week, sometimes twice a day, usually 2-3 miles each walk).

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!

(Also, requisite progress pic )

submitted by /u/lionbaby917
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2MRBP79

No comments:

Post a Comment