Thursday, August 15, 2019

Officially Overweight this morning, down from Type II Obesity last December

F / 33 / 5'3 / SW 225 / CW 169.2 / GW 139 / UGW 125

In December last year I learned from a doctor that I was considered Obese Type II, something that really alarmed me. There were a number of other factors that precipitated my weight loss efforts, among them:

- Went on a family trip to Europe that included some light hiking and I was absolutely not able to keep up in the slightest, and complained obnoxiously the whole way, which I'm still mortified about

- Went off of birth control aiming to get pregnant only to find out that, in part due to my weight, I wasn't able to menstruate and therefore wouldn't be able to get pregnant without assistance

- Over the preceding year, my blood pressure shot up to such a dangerous level (180s-90s / 120s-30s) that I had to go on a high dose of blood pressure medication just to get it slightly better under control (130s/110s)

- I kept having to buy bigger and bigger clothes to accommodate my weight gain

- My depression and self-loathing was out of control, beyond what therapy and medication was able to address

- The final straw was in January when my sweet loving partner admitted to me that while he still enjoyed being intimate with me when the mood was right, and he still loved me dearly, he wasn't really attracted to me anymore. That really stung.

---------------

I lost the first 25lbs between Sept 2018 - June 2019 (2.8lbs/month) by making moderate efforts to walk a little a few times a week and cut back a bit on binge drinking and binge eating. My husband started keto in February and I went along with it at home but at work I was still eating whatever I wanted for the most part.

But I was stalling out on my gradual weight loss by early summer and decided I needed to step up my game. My PCP recommended taking Keto seriously because of my PCOS so I decided to seriously commit to it.

Since starting Keto in earnest I have shed another 30lbs, or 4lbs/week. What's working for me is a combination of Keto, CICO, IF, and working out moderately 2-3 times per day.

------------------

Specific Parameters:

- I'm following a 20% carb, 30% protein, 50% fat macro ratio. I realize that's not super strict keto but I was having trouble with a 10-15% carb goal and I wanted to set goals I could realistically meet.

- I'm tracking my calories and macros in MyFitnessPal daily without fail. My daily calorie goal is 800-900cal / day. I struggle some days to get over 800 but I'm working really hard to meet that goal so that I'm not under-eating. I know people have differing views about minimum caloric intake. This is what I've settled on and it's working for me.

- I'm also fasting intermittently. I try to only eat between 1pm - 9pm each day. Additionally, I do periodic (typically once weekly) 24 hour fasts where I'm just drinking water and low-calorie liquids like broth, 1carb kombucha, tea, and coconut water. On fasting days I break my fast with a 300 cal meal at the end of the day.

- I'm working out moderately 2-3 times per day. Typically that looks like a 30-45 min walk first thing in the morning before work, an hour on the treadmill at lunch, and 45min of yoga after work. I probably burn an extra 350cal total doing those three things, but more importantly it gets me active throughout the day everyday, which is just a really healthy lifestyle change for me.

-------------------

Today I finally hit my first goal, which was to drop out of the Obese BMI range and into the Overweight range. I'm finally overweight!

My next goal is to get to a Normal BMI range, which for me is 139lbs. That's only 30lbs away! After losing 56 lbs already, 30lbs feels doable!

TLDR: Switching to Keto and adding CICO, IF, and exercise has set me on the right path and I'm finally no longer Obese.

submitted by /u/dallasdarling
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2N4yhyl

No comments:

Post a Comment