Tuesday, August 6, 2019

When does cutting your legs off class as a justifiable weight loss measure?

Hi. I really don’t advocate the above as a weight loss strategy but...I’m totally new to Reddit and only started blogging - wheeliebigadventures.com - and social media in January this year. I know, that makes me a dinosaur. I have MS and I’m a full time manual wheelchair user. Now I comeback full circle to my original proposition. My legs don’t work and their loss, through elective surgery, would achieve my weight loss goals and at the same time help me with self-propelling my wheelchair ;-)

All my life I’ve always been on the larger side. I enjoyed, (and was indulged in), too much sugar as a kid. But now at 51, I’ve finally realised that enough is enough. I really must be a slow learner. But the wheelchair part mentioned above is my blinding reality. So after putting it off too many times, I’ve decided that ‘going public’ is the only way I’m going to stick to a weight loss journey.

I’m a 51 y/o male. I’m 5’10” and am tipping the scales at a whopping 226lbs. That’s a BMI of 32.3 - obese on any measure. A 72lb weight loss would drop me to 154lbs. To save you the math, that’s 11 stone and a healthy BMI of 22.

I know the equation, eat less & do more exercise = weight loss. But my sedentary, wheelchair bound life is an issue. But I really need to do it this time. There are too many potential health problems lurking in my immediate future if I don’t take it seriously.

The above targets are loose targets. But I’m setting myself the challenge of achieving it by 31 May 2020. Please wish me well on my journey.

I’ll update this subreddit as I progress, and I’ll keenly look at the success stories of others. I’ll need the inspiration. But if all else fails there’s always the elective surgery on my legs ;-)

submitted by /u/wheeliebigadventures
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2GRbxhz

No comments:

Post a Comment