Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Fell off the wagon for 2.5 days. Ate lots of chips and chocolate. But recovered today!

The thing is, I quit smoking. My mind became extremely uncomfortable, and just felt awful, and somehow I got the urge to get chips and chocolate.

I think the damage is about half a kg of weight gain.

However, I don't really care about that. Because:

  • I have already lost 9 kgs and so in the scheme of things this is just a small setback. I have lost 1 kg per week for 9 consecutive weeks, I may even end this week in the positive (meaning weight loss - perhaps I lose 250 grams instead of 1 kg, which is still fine).
  • I have not smoked for 2 full days. Finally quitting that terrible habit. Even if I gain 2 more kgs now, I don't care, it's worth it. However, I don't think it's necessary to gain weight, I think I can both continue to lose weight and quit smoking at the same time.
  • I have picked up exercising again after missing a week. Afterwards, I went to the sauna. Felt really good. This is a much better way to get the positive chemicals in my body than eating unhealthy foods and smoking. Will go a lot more often. Exercising is a great boost to my weight loss as well as my mental wellbeing.
  • I also walked again, a round of 4 km. It was very windy and rainy, but it felt good. Listened to an interesting podcast. Another good habit for my mind, and this will also help me lose weight, as it has helped me a lot during the past 9 weeks.

I am so grateful for this period. 2 months ago, I was in doing terribly, everything in my life had collapsed, but I went fighting hard and now everything in my life has improved, lots of things considerably. I am learning to let go of a lot of baggage (not just kgs ;)), which makes me go through life in a lighter and more agile way, making me able to adjust my course and keep on going despite what is coming my way, instead of getting beaten by almost every setback I encounter.

Losing weight is just one of the first adventures on this journey to a good life. I try to pay attention to it and do it well, so that I only have to do this once. So, I am learning to embrace food as positive again and to enjoy it (not like the past 2.5 days - I said I am still learning :P) and the same about moving and exercising (I am much further at that).

I hope you have a great journey as well!

submitted by /u/herculeos
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/30qHkwC

No comments:

Post a Comment