Thursday, September 19, 2019

Need Help Deciding What Data To Track

Hello!

I'm in the beginning stages of my health and weight loss journey after recently discovering I have immune issues and some major food allergies. Throughout this process, I've really become interested in studying nutrition and dietetics at school. I'm already on a biology track, and I'm thinking of switching so I can go to school to be a dietician! I have a long way to go on my personal journey, and I'm taking a year or two off to focus on that before I keep going with school.

I want to track my progress in every way possible so that when I enter the feild I can show my journey and progress, what worked for me, etc. I think this will help in school, but also with future clients and employers in the field.

My question is - what data should I start tracking? Obviously weight, body measurements, pictures, and exercise to start - but what else would be beneficial for me to keep track of? Should I keep track of macros? Mood? Steps? Should I get a fitness watch to keep track of what I'm burning throughout the day?

Any ideas would be helpful! I want to make sure this is as scientific and thorough as I can be (realistically). I would also love any book recommendations on nutrition and dietetics. I've been trying to soak up as much as I can.

Some background on me:

I'm 29 years old, 5'4 and 227 pounds. My highest weight was 240. I'm allergic to beef, pork, dairy, and gluten. At the request of my doctor, I'm eating mostly grain-free right now while we work on cutting back inflammation issues. I'm okay with taking 1-2 years off before continuing school to work on this part of my life.

Thank you guys!

submitted by /u/KourtneeBritney
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2AvIegN

No comments:

Post a Comment