Thursday, September 19, 2019

After losing my religion, I lost other things too. Down 70+ lbs. Story below.

Hey guys,

Pic.

I have always been inspired by the stories here, including back in the day when I was really struggling with my weight.

For me a lot of my weight was psychological. I was in a high control religion and a survivor of sexual abuse. I never talked about what happened and never expressed the painful dissonance I was feeling. It was hard for me to wake up in the morning, let alone go outside, or even open the blinds.

I ended up on anti-psychotics and depression meds. I gained so much weight. Stopped seeing friends. Stopped leaving the house.

Finally I left in 2015, and spoke out about my story in 2018. Since then I have found a group of people who supported me. I got into therapy. I started back country camping and hiking out several miles, doing back packing trips. I slowly started to put the food down and chase adventure again. Life became exciting after I found my freedom.

As far as diet, even when I was heavy I would obsessively count my calories and scale myself every day. Once I stopped obsessing over food, I stopped bingeing. I started just eating small amounts of what I wanted and reminding myself I could have more later if I wanted to. I started letting people in and letting them love me and spend time with me. I started loving myself and accepting myself.

No matter where you are on your weight loss journey, I hope you learn to love yourself too.

I'd love to see other transformation pics below as well! Rock on guys! Keep working at building your life!

submitted by /u/RadAssociation
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2M23e4f

No comments:

Post a Comment