Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Finding time to lose weight in a busy life (23, M, 190)

Hi all,

I am facing quite the challenge trying to find time to lose weight in my very busy schedule, and am desperately in need of some advice/ support. Additional background below:

About 2 years ago, while in college/ over a free summer I completely changed lifestyle, eating habits, and exercise routines, and dropped from 230 to 175. Everything was great, I felt healthy, looked amazing, and thought for sure that I had completed my last fight with weight loss.

Fast forward to now, I have graduated college and work full time as a scientist, while also taking 3 classes in the evenings to pursue an advanced degree in computational biology. Slowly but surely my weight started to rise, and now I am so disappointed to see I’m back up to 190. The schedule my life follows is just completely different than it was when I lost all my weight the last time. I have to drive >1 hour each way to work, and find that any time not spent at work or in the car is dedicated to school work or the bare necessities of life. I feel like I have a solid understanding of what it takes to lose weight, how to eat, and the importance of exercise. But knowing about something and actually having the time to dedicate to it are two very different things.

I guess my question for you all is, what do you do when you don’t have time for elaborate salads, and 2 hour a day gym sessions? What are small things that I could work into my life that might help me get back to where I’m fit and happy? And has anyone else with similar life situations/ overcommitted schedules found a good balance?

Kinda losing hope here

submitted by /u/hemlock_adelgid
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2piIv4e

No comments:

Post a Comment