Tuesday, October 15, 2019

I got “skinny shamed” and I’m shocked

I feel like this sub is full of stories from people being judged for being overweight in one domain or another, but a family member recently made me so fucking angry.

I’ve been on the weight loss journey on and off for years, and I’ve dealt with severe and debilitating EDs during this time. I’m so proud of my progress though, I’m so much stronger mentally and physically.

This family member gained 12 kilos over the summer, on top of not being very fit to begin with. They were complaining allllll through dinner about how much it sucks and how at their age it’s impossible to lose the weight, all the whole eating whatever the fuck they wanted.

My plate was healthy and I tracked what was on it, only to be literally laughed at and mocked because “you’re so skinny wtf are you doing”. They then went on to say how I have it so easy, it’s so lucky to be me bla bla. They “have a sweet tooth” and thus cannot physically control their cravings. They’re a “foodie” who just loves food more than I’ll ever know.

I admit I don’t have A LOT of weight to lose by any measure, but it took me a while to get there. I’m allowed to continue until I’m happy with my progress, it’s no ones fucking business.

I hate when people compare their progress to someone else’s. No one finds it easy to lose weight. Everyone likes to eat yummy food and everyone likes to eat dessert. We all get cravings, I’m not an alien, I struggle too but I consciously make the decision to eat healthier because evolution has given me the mental capacity to be able to make these decisions.

Sorry about my rant! I just needed to get this out there. If someone is on a fitness journey, it doesn’t matter if they have 1kilo to lose or 100, their journey is valid, just like yours is.

submitted by /u/neuroticbrunette
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2oP12p5

No comments:

Post a Comment