Thursday, June 10, 2021

Average genetics should be a motivator, not an excuse

This is a realization I've been coming to as I am going through my weight loss journey and motivating myself to continue getting results.

We have all known that person that can: eat junk food, halfbake their workouts, and doesn't take care of their body. They are skinny regardless and don't have the extreme cravings + weight gain that comes from a poor diet. (Usually it catches up with them eventually, but that is another post.)

That isn't us. We can't eat the same way as them. It's of even more importance for us to reach nutrition goals and to get in shape.

Just wanted to put this thought here because I've always used genetics as an excuse. instead, It just means I can't always just copy what someone else is doing poorly and expect to get good results from it.

I have to figure out what works for me, and how to maximize my own potential. If Steve at work can eat lots of Pizza and Pepsi and be thin ....that has nothing to do with me.

submitted by /u/Isthisreallyitinlife
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3cxZ7Le

No comments:

Post a Comment