Monday, June 7, 2021

Being body shamed after weight loss

Anyone else had to deal with this?

I'm 5'4, 28, F. Currently weigh 135lbs and my highest weight was 250lbs. All of my family would be probably 20-30lbs overweight. At my heaviest they regularly expressed their concerns for my health which I understood. It was always an uncomfortable conversation for me but I got it, it was from a kind place. My mum however would often advise me not to wear certain items of clothing as they weren't 'flattering' which made me feel worse sometimes.

Anyways, I am now feeling healthy but my family are constantly teasing me for my new body. Calling me 'horse teeth' because my face is so thin that my teeth look massive. Saying I have no boobs, bum and have the body of a boy... 'straight up and down'. This all comes at me in forms of jokes but I am sick to death of it. Especially considering I am not even close to being underweight for my height, I wear a US 4-6. My measurements are 35-27-38, hardly a boy body.

Granted, I have no butt and never have... even at 250lbs and my mum and sister are very curvy. They weren't always overweight but gained due to the pandemic and my sister recently just gave birth. They have always been curvy regardless of their weight.

As a woman, I don't want to hear about having no curves. I still struggle with my body image and I am getting a tummy tuck next month for the excess skin on my stomach.

submitted by /u/Derricks_hem
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ptVz1L

No comments:

Post a Comment