Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Losing weight is not a totally linear and smooth process...even when you're doing everything right.

Hi Everyone,

I began my weight/fat loss journey at the 7th of March. I started at 320 lbs and have my goal weight at 200 lbs. (I'm 5'9 ft) I based off my plan on an e-book called "Superior Fat Loss" (aworkoutroutine.com)and through calculations determined I should be eating at 2550 Kcal (with 200g of protein) to achieve my goal.

My weight loss started quite fast. I consistently lost 4-5(sometimes more)lbs per week for my 1st month. I was supposed to implement a home-resistance training routine but a bad first time(I literally ended up getting a fever for nearly a whole week because I pushed myself too hard)made me decide to hold off on that till I'm at a considerably lower weight to try again. I chose to focus primarily on achieving my caloric deficit through diet alone for the mean time.

After that first month and when I reached the 298 lb mark however,the weight loss slowed down significantly. it was now 2-3 lbs per week instead of 4-5. I was aware however from the start that this is the realistic rate of weight loss for someone my size. (I knew the 4-5 lbs initial weight loss was unusually fast but I decided to just milk that out instead readjusting my intake because I wasn't starving and my energy levels were great. I don't think I made the wrong decision in doing so) It was also then that I started to experience that the fat loss process is not going to be a totally smooth process all throughout the journey.

I've set my schedule up so that I'm almost guaranteed to go to the toilet every morning before weigh in. This allows me to get rid of as much baggage weight(water and poop)and weigh myself nude after to completely minimize the everyday weight fluctuations,but they were still an occurrence(usually just 1-2 lbs)and my guess is there are times when my body refuses to completely rid itself of the baggage weight for whatever reason. (there were times I found myself going to the toilet again later without having eaten breakfast yet,but already having drank a fair amount of water. argh!)

sometimes I found that my weight would jump between fluctuations until the end of the week. for example,there was a time when my weight kept jumping between 289 and 288 from Monday till Friday before finally finding my weight down at 286 by Saturday. Afterwards,I'd lose another lb by Monday. its weird like that. The e-book I spoke of prepared me for these things however(The recommendation is to base progress off getting your "average weight" by adding up all the weight of the week and dividing by 7.)but I'd be lying if I said I didn't get frustrated at times from this.

I'm now at 280 lbs,and will keep continuing from there. That's 40 lbs,which is the largest amount I've ever lost. Part of me honestly wonders however if I lost lean mass alongside the fat since I haven't been exercising. (I have a ton of fat to lose and eating 200g of protein,so...) I'm still fat,but the pictures definitely show a noticeable difference,especially in the gut part. My journey is far from finished,however.

What do you guys think? Has this been your experience also?

submitted by /u/MEoDP2
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3payy3I

No comments:

Post a Comment