Friday, June 11, 2021

Maintaining weight loss thru recovery from knee surgery?

Basically what the title says. I'm having ACL reconstruction surgery (second surgery same knee) and possibly Meniscus repair surgery on July 15. My biggest fear isn't the pain, it's the psychological toll of being bedridden and immobile, and also gaining my weight back. I've maintained a 100lb weight loss for a year, but I know I'm only succeeding in keeping it off because of how much I enjoy exercise and how intense I work out. I am always so goddamned hungry and I am afraid if the worst case scenario is my scenario (2 surgeries 4 months apart) or the most invasive surgery is my scenario (both ACL and meniscus) I will be locked down and immobile for long enough to undo progress. The only good thing in life when you can't move is food lol. Worst case scenario I'm non weight bearing for 4-8 weeks and then partial weight bearing, meaning basically zero cardio for 2-3 months. Plus I can't lift and carry plates for lifting. I've been told 8 weeks or so no cycling.

I'm terrified I'm gonna gain it back post-op. Anyone else go thru similar shit?

submitted by /u/Jerrshington
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3pK0Ty9

No comments:

Post a Comment