Friday, June 11, 2021

now that I am normal BMI, the doc finally told me: “you were obese.” 🤯

She never told me, not once in 8 years, that I was obese. She always said very vague things like “are you exercising” and “try eating less carbs”

She never even showed me a BMI chart or used the words “overweight” as far as I can remember. And I show up yesterday 40 lbs down ... and I hear the word for the first time “oh yes you were obese”

!?!?

Someone in another group pointed this out to me & my mind is still blown - that doctors won’t tell patients they are obese because of the possibility of .... bad reviews !!???? WTF. It’s not a sandwich shop or a shoe store. I am so so confused.

To play devils advocate yes I am an intelligent person and maybe she assumed I knew how to find a BMI chart on my own? And yes, it was her pre diabetes diagnosis that started the whole happy journey of weight loss. But I had to figure it all out on my own (mainly with y’all & the intermittent fasting group).......buuuuuut isn’t that what a doctor is for !? 🤔😭

submitted by /u/tomatowaits
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3vfSTGc

No comments:

Post a Comment