Friday, November 5, 2021

Not sure if I should continue eating at a calorie deficit? (Skinny fat)

Hey! I'm a 19 year old male, 170cm (5 feet 7) tall and my starting weight was 96kg (212lbs). In March this year, after several failed attempts to change my eating habits throughout high school, mostly due to me not being consistent enough, I decided to take it more seriously this time.

I did some research, learned about CICO, stumbled upon weight loss subreddits, downloaded MFP and started eating at a pretty big calorie deficit. I used 1200isplenty as an orientation, most of the time I ate about 1300 kcal though.

It turned out to be very effective. It's been 7 months and I'm at a weight of 67kg (148lbs) now. I'm really happy with what I achieved because I would've never expected myself to actually have the willpower to go through with it. I feel a lot better about myself lately, especially due to the health improvements that I've noticed.

However I'm still not where I want to be when it comes to my appearance. Even though I've lost 29kg (64lbs) my belly is still huge. I looked at some before and after photos and it definitely became smaller, but I'm still nowhere near my goal.

I heard that becoming "skinny fat" is a common issue for people who lost weight by changing their diet but not working out. In my case, it was probably about 90% diet and 10% physical activity. So I'm scared of ending up skinny fat as well.

So now I have no idea what to do. Should I just continue to eat at a calorie deficit like I did for the past 7-ish months and try to go down to 60kg (132lbs) and then start building muscle from there? Or should I already go up to eating maintenance calories and start building muscle right now? Or should I bulk? I'd be really grateful for some advice, thank you for reading all of this :)

submitted by /u/kaydanbotu
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3o1OncN

No comments:

Post a Comment