Thursday, September 1, 2022

Anyone else think their FitBit may be off about calories burned?

Height: 5'7 & Weight: 261lbs (all stats are entered correctly in my FitBit).

My FitBit says, on average, I burn 3,100 calories per day (around 21,376-21,647 calories/week). But In the last 6 weeks I've lost 3 lbs, which doesn't make since. I'm tracking my calories meticulously, aiming for 180g of protein every day (half the time I get in around 125g-140g of protein), and am in a deficit most days (I usually eat around 1800-2200 cals/day). A little more on weekends. For workouts I walk 3x per week, and get in around 8k steps/day (I can't do more right now due to a hip injury).

I've been very frustrated at the slow weight loss following CICO, and now I'm wondering if maaaaybe my FitBit could be not tracking my calories properly? It has all my correct stats, and I had my thyroid tested last Fall, so I know it's not that. I have a Charge 2 and just found this article; now I'm worried.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed the same with their FitBit, or has a recommendation for a more accurate calorie counter.

submitted by /u/dogmom34
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/ODegu3E

No comments:

Post a Comment