Thursday, September 1, 2022

NSV, nine months of nothing and suddenly, two victories back to back.

I wear suits every day for work. I have a black suit that I wear twice per week.

At the beginning of the year, I decided to lose weight. I haven't really changed my diet but I do order pizza less (and try to eat something nutritious before I eat pizza so I don't get full on just pizza) and I've mostly switched from craft beer to miller lite. The main way I've lost weight is by riding my bicycle at least one hour every day.

So, I started the year at 5'11, 265 lbs. Three weeks ago, I was down to 230lbs. To this point, no one really noticed, or at least they haven't said anything, about my weight loss. My wife and I were on a vacation in NYC, pretty much solely to ride bicycles and eat pizza. She took a pretty good picture of me on my bicycle. When I posted it to Facebook, one of my buddies commented "that boy getting fit!" A lot of people liked his comment. NSV 1!

We got COVID on the trip (Vax, boostered, didn't matter) and I lost seven pounds in ten days. I didn't have covid that bad, it just seemed like an easy time to lose weight frankly. No need for pizza if I can't taste it.

So, I'm finally back to work yesterday, wearing what is really not that nice of a black suit. I mean, it gets the job done but I'm pretty sure I thrifted it years ago in grad school. Anyways, TWO PEOPLE complimented me on my suit yesterday, and I cannot recall anyone ever complimenting me on that suit. I must be wearing it better :) NSV 2

Edit: Because everything is better with pictures, here is one from September 2021 and the one in question from NYC in August of 2022.

submitted by /u/hostilecarrot
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Q5mpIn8

No comments:

Post a Comment