Friday, September 9, 2022

Exercise *can* DEFINITELY help you *fight* a bad diet

Most people think that going to the gym will solve their weight issues, when they’re already eating too much and then they eat too much based on thinking they burnt like 600 calories during their 45 min treadmill run when it was more like 200 or 250. You can’t eat 3 big ass serving spoonfuls of rice just because you went on the treadmill for half an hour…. These people need to focus on their diet as the thrust, by generally eating healthier or low calorie options. This will allow you to have some fun foods.

However, I’ve noticed personally that in maintaining weight loss and even losing weight, exercise definitely makes a big difference. If i do 10,000-20,000 steps & lifted weights & played basketball for an hour, I DEFINITELY get to eat more food. I look at the exercise as a subsidy. It subsidizes my shitty eating. But you gotta be careful…. Don’t overeat thinking you burned so many calories because you hopped on the treadmill for a bit. But this helps you stay sane and not completely collapse all of your progress after getting tired of your diet. I should mention that the thrust of my general activities is walking and lifting, supplemented with cardio from playing basketball a few times a week.

I also think that being active helps me not eat as many calories, because my mind is preoccupied. Where as if I’m home I’m bored, and therefore more likely to doordash order a bunch of little caesars. And i only got 2,000 steps that day.

Exercise has def helped me maintain my weight loss, by allowing me to eat more than i would be able to without the physical activity, while not gaining weight or as much weight. Being able to drink that extra boba or eat that mochi ice cream or in n out burger & fries helps you stay sane and prevent a collapse of your entire weight loss regimen lol

submitted by /u/ProgressiveVoiceShow
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/wyosBuc

No comments:

Post a Comment