Sunday, September 11, 2022

How do I stop people's comments from affecting my behaviour?

Thankfully I've been losing weight slowly for the last 8 weeks. During this time, I've gained weight and lost it haha, it's not been linear for sure. I've been eating less and walking more mostly every day.

Anyway, people have started to notice. In the last week, I've met with friends and family that I haven't seen in a while and everyone has commented. My cousin opened her front door yesterday and said 'have you lost weight?' before saying hello. I just lifted my shirt to show her the safety pin I had in place to stop my trousers from falling down! Haha.

Which is all great and lovely...but...I find that because I'm getting rewarded/praised, I want to do even better!

In other facets of my life, that is definitely how I get motivated, getting a good grade always makes me want to study harder, positive feedback at work makes me want to work harder...you get the picture.

This week on most days, I ate 500 calories or less. I went for a long walk every day to further increase the deficit. Mostly stayed full on the praise of people, water and chewing gum when things got rough. My scales have rewarded me. I don't want to do it this way, I want it to be sustainable and healthy.

Summary: Comments on my weight loss make me go into a bigger calorific deficit in an unhealthy way. How do I stop people's comments from affecting my behaviour?

EDIT: Ok thank you for the words of advice. I'm glad I am able to be aware of the issue and address it heads-on before it gets out of control!

submitted by /u/LA5E14
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/b1Sm0O4

No comments:

Post a Comment