Tuesday, September 6, 2022

I lost 140 pounds in 16 months, here’s how I did it (brutally honest)

1) First and foremost, whatever excuse you have, get it out of your mind and reframe it. The world does not care about your excuses, and all it is going to do is hinder your progression

ex; i began my weight loss transformation in 2020 right after my little sister passed away and I was just released from the hospital after having a neurological attack that caused double vision for 3 months, a cranial nerve palsy that gave me partial face paralysis, tinnitus, migraines, and a few other symptoms. I could not do strenuous exercise, I wanted to eat like shit every day, but instead of using it as an excuse, I used this as motivation and a reality check of how quickly one’s health can plummet.

I understand depression, stress, PCOS, and other autoimmune issues may make it more difficult to lose weight, but it isn’t as hard as people make it seem. It takes discipline, and eating less.

2) I figured out my BMR and decided to go on a hefty calorie deficit. I decided to eat 1600-1800 calories a day consisting of lean meat, citrus fruits, berries, a lot of greens, chia/flax seeds, oats, non fat yogurt, fat free dairy sources, and below 100g of carbs a day (whole grains). Essentially my diet was high protein, low carb, with added fruits for fiber. Also, absolutely no added sugar in anything. The only sugar I consumed was natural and in minuscule amounts.

GET A FOOD SCALE, A TRACKING APP FOR CALORIE COUNTING, AND ACCOUNT FOR EVERYTHING! that little scoop of peanut butter… calories your coffee creamer and caramel drizzle…. calories the oil you use to cook your food…. calories

TIP: search up low calorie high volume foods. for those that binge eat, this is a cheat code.

Tik Tok was my best friend, I found plenty of low calorie, tasty options that can be made in as little as 10 minutes. just search low calorie meals or something related and there will be thousands of videos.

3.) As I previously mentioned, I just got out of the hospital for neurological issues and I was grieving so I didn’t have the energy to do strenuous exercise (plus Covid made me scared to go the gym) so I walked every day after I ate dinner for 45 minutes (about 3 miles).

4.) I allowed myself one day a week to eat what I wanted within reason. If I wanted pizza on Friday, I would have 2 or 3 slices instead of a whole pizza. This teaches you discipline and also creates a better relationship with food allowing you to succeed in losing weight.

5.) I weighed myself every 2 days in the morning before I ate. This let me keep track of my progress.

6.) most importantly, I didn’t let setbacks turn into failures. If I messed up one day, I would make it up the next. I didn’t set out to lose weight for vanity reasons, I did it to improve my quality of life and to prove myself wrong. From a child I had depression, OCD, and ADHD. I would often binge eat and it would physically pain me to see food left on the plate. Even if I was full and food was still in my vicinity, it would be eaten.

At my biggest I was nearing 360 pounds. As of today I weigh 197 pounds and have a much better relationship with food. I don’t follow strict rules anymore, I just eat intuitively because I know the calories and macros in most foods I eat. There are healthier low calorie options for just about every food in the world, it’s just a Google search away.

As you’re reading this, let me be your sign to finally take weight loss serious and your future self will thank you

submitted by /u/CharlieGoodTimes
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/As2awIj

No comments:

Post a Comment