Saturday, September 3, 2022

I’m starting a new medication and seeing a nutritionist to help with weight loss…

I’m on several medications with weight-gaining side effects. My doctor put me on 500mg of metformin for several months to help lessen these side effects, however, it was unsuccessful, and I continued to slowly gain weight. After finally advocating for myself, she’s taken me off metformin and put me on 37.5mg of phentermine. She also set me up with a nutritionist who I’ve yet to see. I’m hopeful about this medication change and excited to work with a nutritionist for the first time. If this doesn’t work out, she said there were more medication options for me, but I’m really really hoping this is the change I need.

I’ve been feeling like a failure with my weight loss journey lately, but Im trying to stay patient as my medications play a big part. I refuse to give up, not just on my physical health, but my mental and emotional health too.

Has anyone else struggled with medications making them gain weight? Any experiences with a nutritionist? Success stories? I’d love to hear them.

submitted by /u/digitalglowdiary
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/BmeaJ49

No comments:

Post a Comment