Friday, September 2, 2022

NSV! Someone noticed how much my figure has changed (although my weight hasn’t).

Today, a relative of mine stopped by for a quick visit. I haven’t seen her in many months and was quite (pleasantly) surprised by her reaction to my appearance..

One of the first things she said was how “skinny mini” I am. She almost seemed not to believe it when I told her I actually hadn’t lost any weight at all; I weigh the same as I had when she last saw me. She kept repeating how different I looked, and how my whole body (torso, legs) seemed longer - like I was taller too!

Now as a nearly 5’3” woman, I can guarantee you no one has ever told me I look “tall” before lol. At least not as an adult!

But the real reason I’m writing this post as a NSV is because it’s true that my weight hasn’t changed for a while and that I’m still a ways off from reaching my GW.

I’ve still been trying to lose weight this whole time though, and have actually been feeling very frustrated and bad about myself / how I look… Sure, I’ve lost weight since my original SW, but I still feel fat sometimes. I still feel “too big” sometimes.

And no, I am not suffering from an eating disorder or anything like that - I am still at a relatively high BMI. But I am no longer obese! My body DOES look very different. I’m at the lowest weight I’ve ever been at in at least 8 years or so, and that’s a huge accomplishment!

I think it can be hard sometimes during a weight loss journey to remember to pay attention to the bigger picture - to give yourself enough credit for how far you’ve come and how much you’ve truly accomplished. Sometimes we can get too caught up focusing on hitting those goal weights, or on how we want our body to look in the end, to really appreciate how much better we’re doing exactly where we already are.

So realizing that today was a big NSV for me. I had been feeling so bad about myself for plateauing , when really I’ve been doing better than I have in years! I’m tons healthier - in my weight, my lifestyle habits, diet and activity level. Even if I haven’t reached my GW yet.

It’s my hope that by sharing this with y’all, it could remind someone else who needs it to take a moment to reframe their perspective and celebrate a NSV of their own :)

submitted by /u/xcarkbs
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Krx7Z0m

No comments:

Post a Comment