Saturday, December 3, 2022

Anyone with dentures or partials can share their experience with weight loss and jaw bone loss?

So this post is specifically for dentures, not implants since they preserve bone. Once you have teeth extracted, bone loss begins to occur and will continue (but slowing down over time) until you die. Over time, this can cause your dentures not to fit properly, and you need adjustments as time goes on.

So I have a question that may be difficult to answer because I'm not sure if much research has been done into this and not everyone is in my particular situation. So I've been a fitness buff for most of my adult life and I really enjoy recreational natural bodybuilding. This means that at least once every year or so, I'll go through a cutting phase. During this process, I obviously focus heavily on my diet and workouts in order to make sure I lose as little lean mass, but as much fat as possible. The problem here is that being in a calorie deficit like this causes the body to become very catabolic overall. My major concern here is whether this higher catabolic state can exacerbate the jaw bone loss that already naturally occurs after the extraction of teeth, causing my dentures to become ill-fitting much faster.

submitted by /u/chasindatsleep_yo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/HJoU03K

No comments:

Post a Comment