Wednesday, December 7, 2022

I can't actually recommend it as a weight loss technique, but I have to admit, the flu is pretty darn effective.

So I'm a 5'10 male who weighed a bit over 170 at my lowest, but over the years weight kind of crept on and peaked last year at about 210. I was not happy with this, and over several months last year and early this year I worked my way down to about 190 with more focus on my exercise and trying to eat better. But then I plateaued and couldn't get below 190 - 191. Then I started creeping back up again. On Dec. 1, I weighed 198.8. I was not happy.

Then I got the flu. Yay.

It's been a full week of coughing, hacking up disgusting gobs of phlegm, lying in bed with spiking fevers, and bouts of uncontrollable shivering. It sucks. Get your flu shots, kids. I dicked around this year and never actually got around to it, and I'm paying the price.

On the other hand, it's been a week of eating pretty much nothing except the occasional piece of toast and drinking my wife's Gatorade. (I don't usually like the stuff, but it's kind of hitting the spot right now, and it seems to be helping me keep hydrated. The first few days I just couldn't get enough water into me.)

And this morning, I decided to weigh in again - at 188.7. That's a full 10.1 lbs of flu-related weight loss.

Clearly this is a one-off. Not something I could, or trust me, would want to, do again (seriously, get your flu shots if you haven't already), but I'm worried that when I get better, I'm going to start spiking back up again to my previous plateau or, even worse, back up to the full 198 or so. Anyone successfully held on to sudden illness-related weight loss like this?

submitted by /u/Naberius
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/apmhtBf

No comments:

Post a Comment