Monday, December 5, 2022

Since losing weight, people are making fun of how much I used to weigh?

Hey everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster lol.

I (25F) have struggled with my weight for a good portion of my life. Anorexic in my teens then binge eating and restricting in college. When I graduated, I just started binge eating.

I’m 5’7 and my highest weight was 225lbs. I’ve recently got down to 183lbs since August. I haven’t made major changes, I just started taking regular walks and started making healthier choices (i.e sparkling water instead of soda, grilled chicken instead of fried) I still want to lose more weight (GW: 150lbs) which I know if I want to do, I’ll have to make bigger changes.

I recently saw some family who I haven’t seen since my weight loss. I must look a bit different because they kept making comments about how I’ve lost a bunch of weight. Then the jokes came about how I used to be a “well rounded woman” and now there are comments about the health content of what I eat and how I should try to avoid getting weight back on.

It sorta hurts my feelings hearing that because I imagine that they were making fun of me when I weighed 225lbs or that they were judging me when I weighed that much. A part of it may also be me feeling a bit embarrassed because of my weight gain.

Has anyone else experienced this? Am I being too sensitive or over thinking things? Is this something I should expect more of since I plan on losing more weight?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/bethuhnah
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/p4ueZHB

No comments:

Post a Comment