Monday, December 5, 2022

Slightly awkward conversation with coworker may have inspired her which makes me feel awesome.

I'm one of those that usually hates talking about my weight loss. And this conversation didn't start super well. In fairness, she was talking about how she was limping because her knee is sore, so I mentioned that my legs are also sore because of pilates. So I kind of opened the door by mentioning that I had worked out. But then she started asking me about my losing weight, and started doing the thing that makes me self conscious like "don't lose any more, you didn't need to lose any in the first place" (which is untrue, I was overweight.) But I started talking about how much better I felt physically after losing a bit, and she asked me how I did it. I told her that I lost it mostly counting calories, and a lot of walking with some other workouts thrown in and now some running. Usually people don't really seem to want to hear that, but she kept asking more, so I ended up telling her about LoseIt, and about how I mostly just count calories and do portion control with more fruits and veggies. At the end of the day as I was leaving, she mentioned that she had downloaded the app and was going to give it a try. And that made me feel really good, like maybe I actually helped someone. Usually people act disappointed when they ask me how I lost the weight and I say that I count calories and exercise, like I'm holding out on them.

submitted by /u/Overbeingoverit
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/tIyDwAa

No comments:

Post a Comment