Saturday, February 4, 2023

Don’t rush something you want to last forever

I’ve been on this journey for 3 years, I’ve lost 40lbs from my absolute heaviest, and would like to lose another 30lbs. I had lots of rapid weight loss in the beginning and have spent 2 years drifting between 12st and 13st… I’ve found that hard, felt like a failure but I need to recognise the NSVs I do have… just 3 years ago I had surgery for endometriosis that gave me my life back, I’d become bedbound and dependent on morphine. My weight ballooned when I was put into the menopause at 25 and things got real bleak for a short spell. BUT here I am, with freedom from chronic pain, a body that feels like my friend and not my enemy and I’m about to run a half marathon. I say so what if I’ve not made linear, dramatic weight progress, my progress is measured in the joy I get from running and the pride I take in nourishing my body. I’ll get there… we’ll get there. Please take a moment to recognise how far you’ve come. Don’t rush something you want to last forever.

https://imgur.com/a/Ykajvgg - this is 1 month of a refocused health boost.

submitted by /u/BheagSelkie
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/SOI1TZ7

No comments:

Post a Comment