Monday, March 6, 2023

Fad diets

Does anyone ever get really frustrated with people who swear by fad diets and unhealthy modes of weight loss? I don’t know why this is bothering me so much but my MIL gets really in my face about being on one of the miracle diet programs where she’s basically eating cardboard every 2 hours. She went off the diet and gained back double what she had lost bc they have convinced her that the best way to lose weight is by eating 6 times a day, only she isn’t counting calories or even able to grasp the concept as I was trying to explain it. I advised her that the foods she was eating on the diet were lacking nutrition and she would do better for her health to eat real fruits and vegetables and monitor intake vs output. She’s so confrontational and rude but is constantly trying to advise me to do what she is doing even though it clearly isn’t working. I’m I crazy to let this bother me? Or does anyone else struggle with people swearing by these nonsensical “facts” about weight loss?

submitted by /u/BeltFit7785
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/o2t9KsX

No comments:

Post a Comment