Saturday, July 27, 2024

33lbs Down in 3 Months - Need Help With Weight Loss Plateau

Hi, everybody. I'm 19M (170cm) and used to weigh around 240lbs (108kg) in May 2022. I joined a gym in May 2022, started doing some light cardio, with a deficit of 1500 calories and my weight dropped down to 180lbs (82kg) in 2.5 months.

However, due to some issues in my family, I stopped doing cardio, and started binge eating again, and in about two years, that is, April 2024, my weight was at 207lbs (94kg). I felt really shitty about my body at this stage and decided to lose as much weight as I could before I go to university (September 2024).

So, since April 2024, I started following a balanced diet consisting of fruits, vegetables, nuts and chicken and eggs, with a deficit of about 1000 calories (I eat 800 calories). I also started following One Meal a Day (OMAD), so I eat at about 2.30PM daily. For cardio, I walk about 5-7k steps a day. I don't eat more than 150g of carbs, and to minimize muscle loss, I'm hitting the RDA for protein (0.8g/kg). That's all. And there has not been a single day where I have altered this routine.

Now coming back to the present, as of today, I weigh 174lbs (79kg), but my weight has been reducing at a very sluggish rate since the starting of this month. I had hit 180lbs (82kg) during the end of June, and now July's about to end but I've only lost barely 5.5-6lbs (2.5-3kg) in this month, while I had lost majority of my weight during the initial two months. I even cut my calorie intake down to 600 calories while retaining the RDA for protein, and observed for a week, but the plateau didn't break.

I'm not able to figure out why exactly this has been happening. I researched for a while and found that if I hit my maintenance calories during a weight loss plateau, then go back to the deficit I was following, it might break the plateau. So, I did the same but not even that helped.

I would really appreciate if anyone could help me. Thanks!

submitted by /u/LonelyEstimate4763
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/jWOyomS

No comments:

Post a Comment