Saturday, July 27, 2024

How to deal with monthly fluctuations as a woman and an extremely slow progress as I’m getting closer and closer to my goal?

I (23F) have been on a slow but steady weight loss journey since October 2022. Lost 31kg (68lbs) and went from 85kg to 54kg (187lbs to 119lbs). Though I’m finally within a healthy weight range, I still got 5 more stubborn kg to lose until I reach my goal but it’s literally taking me forever!

In the first few months of my weight loss journey I lost 2-3kg each month and now if I’m lucky I lose 500 grams. Sometimes more, sometimes less but never above 1kg. In the first 8 months of my progress I lost 20kg and then it has taken me more than a year to drop 10 more.. Well this is not why I’m making this post. I know that the less you weigh the harder it gets to drop off the weight. I’m making this post because now each 1kg I gain or lose is making a big difference in my body. And during my monthly cycle, about a week after my period, I ALWAYS, no matter how much I eat, I always gain weight! And it takes me 4 weeks until my next period is done to lose this weight and then some.

In short, my body can lose weight only in a span of one week out of a whole month and then there’s probably an hormonal change that causes me to gain weight or something. I am just wondering if it’s like that for other women as well, and if there’s anything I can do to prevent this and speed up my final step towards my dream body. I should mention that I’m short (5’2 1.58cm) therefore I’m definitely not underweight. I am getting closer and closer to my goal and I am already very pleased with my progress and my body. It’s just those 5 stubborn kg I can’t wait to be rid of! Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/52182
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/DM5SYk4

No comments:

Post a Comment