Sunday, July 7, 2024

Struggling with acceptance

Hi all,

I am just at the cusp of losing 100 pounds. I started my journey last May. I’m about 2 pounds shy of 100 pounds down.

Went from 286 to 188. I’m 5’3.

Im struggling because I thought I would be really happy. And i am going to feel happy when I officially hit 100 pounds down. However the last few days I have felt really down on myself and depressed about my body. Because even though I’ve lost so much I still look in the mirror and see my old self 99% of the time. I struggle to see a real difference, apart from the times I catch my reflection in an off angle or a flash of a moment. I know I went from a size 22 to a size 14 but I still just view myself as a failure body-wise.

Anyone else struggle with this? How did you deal with it? Of course after going through long and emotionally difficult plateaus I am ready to keep going, but it’s just hard feeling like I have gotten to this major marker and I still feel uncomfortable and not confident in my skin.

Right now I’m coping by setting my focus on my first weight loss goal: 164 pounds.

submitted by /u/Right_Selection3734
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/UdbkpX2

No comments:

Post a Comment