Friday, July 12, 2024

Two months into losing and i have some observations I'd like to share

I just have a lot of random thoughts I'm going to put here in one place lol

  1. First, I'm 8 lbs down in 2 months which means I'm losing at a pace of 1 lb/week which is ideal. But the weight loss has not been steady. I weigh myself everyday and the scale has definitely not gone down by 1 pound every week. In fact when i first started I dropped like 3 lbs almost immediately and then it stayed the same or even went up for a solid month after that. I just kept doing what I was doing knowing the scale would move again eventually. And that it did! That made me feel confident that what I'm doing is working and I just have to stay consistent and I'll see results. It actually felt very empowering realizing that it does in fact matter what I put into my mouth and I do actually have control over my weight.

  2. I wish I had taken before photos. Since I'm short (5'1") I can already feel/see a difference with 8 lbs. It's nothing crazy yet but I would have liked to have better pictures to compare it and really see the difference so far.

  3. Switching to more whole foods instead of eating what I used to eat just in less amounts, has made this process SO MUCH easier. I used to subscribe to the idea that you can eat all the garbage you want as long as you're within your calories. Which is true, but I was never successful doing it because I was always so dang hungry eating a bunch of junk that wasn't filling or satisfying and just made me want more. It is so easy now to stay within my calorie goals, especially since I have to keep them so low (again, I'm short, a woman, and not super active).

  4. A lot of non scale victories already. My clothes are fitting better/looser. My stomach is much less bloated. It doesn't get in the way anymore when I'm bending over in the shower. When I'm sitting or laying with my legs crossed or up my stomach no longer just sits on my legs like it used to (if that makes any sense). I can tell my face isn't as puffy as it used to be and my double chin is getting smaller.

  5. There's an upside to being short when trying to lose weight. I know we're unlucky when it comes to having a lot less calories to work with, and gaining even a little weight on our small frames is noticeable, but that means the opposite is also true. Just a few pounds down and it's a noticeable difference. Not just to me but others have been able to tell also. For instance I was barely 5 lbs down when my MIL commented that it looked like I lost weight. I couldn't believe it lol.

That's it for now! Seeing results is so motivating and I can't wait to keep going and see where I am in another 2 months. My goal weight is 20 lbs so I'm already almost halfway there!

submitted by /u/gr0wyourhair
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/dpozmgu

No comments:

Post a Comment