Friday, July 26, 2024

Little Victories

sw: 337 (May 5th) cw: 323 gw: 220

I have a ways to go, and I'm happy to take it slow but I wanted to share some little Victories I've noticed/accomplished this week!

-My team has one of those big red vine "jugs" in the common area. While a few months ago I would have been grabbing and snacking red vines almost constantly, I have had a total of four this week and each one I was able to eat over a period of 10-20 minutes to actually enjoy it.

-Similarly, one of my coworkers gave me a full-size 3 musketeers bar. It is currently sitting in my drawer for a day when I really need a pick-me-up, and I know I'll savor it when that time comes. This time last year it would have been gone minutes after I received it.

-I have gone for walks 4/5 days during my lunch break! Three of the days was .75 miles, and today I pushed myself and was really enjoying the weather and made it 1.2 miles!

-Today while eating lunch, I realized I was actually aware of what I was eating! I was munching on my apple slices while watching a video, and then all of a sudden paused what I was doing and checked in with myself, and realized I was eating absent mindedly and was actually content with how much I had eaten already. So now I have half an apple for later, and I'm comfortably satiated!

I don't have anyone in my life to really talk about weight loss with, and I just really wanted to celebrate these little victories. I know it won't always be an easy weight loss journey, so acknowledging the improvements I am making feels very important to me.

Thank you for coming to my ted talk haha

submitted by /u/safr_asym
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/laVBpnE

No comments:

Post a Comment