Wednesday, July 24, 2024

How should I begin incorporating exercise and lifting?

Hi, I am 24F and currently weigh 70kg at 157 cm (154lbs / 5'2). Since the start of this year I have been on a weight loss journey. I started at 87 kg / 191 lbs. I already feel super amazing and I did all this only by eating in a calorie deficit (1200 per day) and walking as much as I could (wasn't super consistent but hit ~5K most work days and then would walk up to 25K on the weekends when I could). Have not done any kind of exercise. I used to work out in the past but it's always been cardio.

As I've been learning about weight loss, I have found out that building muscle is important. I tried to measure my body fat percentage using measurements at home and it's around 45% even after all my weight loss! Then I learned that a higher bfp means that my tdee0 is also lowered (like 1400!!) which is horrible. I have also noticed that I've gotten super weak like can barely lift heavy stuff these days even though I definite used to pick up heavy stuff before. So I'm hoping to now start working out. I also have a lot of free time for at least the next three months.

I am wondering if you all could give me advice on a few things:

  • How to start weightlifting? Are there any routines or you tubers you would suggest? My main goal would be arm strength. I still have a lot of belly and back fat to lose so idk if I need to work out those areas. I also don't really think I need bodyrecomp but my main goal would be to have a toned belly as that has been my insecurity my whole life. Happy with my glute and legs but anything to help strengthen is also great.

I literally tried to go weight lift at the gym the other day and just walked around all the machines and left because I didn't know what to do

  • does my body fat percentage seem realistic? I was honestly shocked I was hoping at least for a 30% number given the weight I lost so far. Also my waist is pretty narrow so I was confused.

  • has anyone else found themselves just feeling super weak? especially arms? I do take some medicine for anemia but it's managed so wondering if this is due to weight loss or I just really need to lift.

submitted by /u/throwaway1249help
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/nveUu5b

No comments:

Post a Comment