Monday, July 29, 2024

Guidance Post Achieving Goal Weight, Celebrating Holiday, Feeling Guilt and Regret

I achieved my weight loss goals after being in a significant calorie deficit for 17 weeks. I was consistent in my routine the entire time, and I've lost ~21.5KG (~47.4lbs). I had a holiday planned for when I reached my goal weight, this holiday I would eat what I'd like and then once I returned I would reverse diet till I reached maintenance, but doing so I knew would take me more than 17 weeks so I'd still be in a significant calorie deficit for months more. Now that I'm back from the holiday, where I did eat whatever I wanted, I am very bloated and evidently holding onto water. I'm currently avoiding weighing myself because I'm concerned I'm not going to be happy with what I see. I wasn't supposed to know how many calories I consumed over the holiday but I am a control freak and just "needed to know", so I estimated how much I ate and I ate more than double my maintenance calories in one week, estimating around ~35,000 calories in a week. For a person with a TDEE of 13,000 in a week, I don't feel comfortable with this at all. Now although I am meant to be viewing this time as a reward for my hard work, it does feel like a set back. And now, instead of it being a period of relaxation, I now feel like I need to compensate for the possible weight I have gained. But, and I'm being careful here, I do not want to create unhealthy habits, or at least exaccberate anymore that I already have. I'm used to doing extended fasts and have been doing so consistently for the past 17 weeks, which has helped me lost the weight. Should I fast until the extra calories is gone, should I continue the plan I already had prior to the holiday? What other options do I have and what do I do? My goal is just to keep the weight I had worked so hard to loose, I don't want to experience the setback I feel like I'm feeling. But I also want to be able to see this break as a reward, but i feel so guilty and regretful that now I wish I never done it in the first place. Any guidance would be much appreciated, thank you for reading.

submitted by /u/Ok_Inspector8920
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/W23x4Tq

No comments:

Post a Comment