Sunday, July 28, 2024

My one-year 40 lbs weight loss experience

Hello

So my weight has fluctuated alot throughout my upbringing, at times being long-legged and skinny to sometimes being stocky and stumpy. Last years February it pretty much came to a breaking point when I suddenly one day realized I was near 97 kg (214 lbs) at an 18 year old 170 cm (5'7) body. Perhaps surprisingly, I didn't react all that dramatically, which was partially because I didn't see myself as fat; you never do.

Today I weigh 79 kg (174 lbs) and I've grown to 174 cm (5'8.5). My old clothes, which were already slightly baggy back then, are unwearable today. And I lost it solely through walking and maybe slightly cutting down on "unhealthy food", even though I've still enjoyed it when I've felt like it. I first tried hitting the gym, and then I tried running (which I used to do), but neither worked in the long-term. I always gave up because I thought it was too exhausting.

Walking is a calm, nice, relaxed activity that also makes you feel better. Since it doesn't have the intensity of running or hitting the gym, you're gonna want to do it longer, which means you're gonna burn more calories and fat than you think you're doing. And I think my lack of walking was the reason I gained weight as well to begin with; I would average at 5000-6000 steps a day during the months in which I gained the most weight.

This obviously doesn't mean you shouldn't do the other stuff if you think it's better for you. But if you're like me, and would prefer not to, then go on walks. I also think running or hitting the gym becomes somewhat easier when you're lighter, which I also think is a reason why people who already are overweight or obese have a hard time losing anything; these activities, like running or lifting, become so painful that they become excruciating to execute fully or correctly.

I'm still not quite where I want to be. I'm aiming for 70 kg (154 lbs), and I'm gonna start getting more serious about getting "in shape" soon. But if I may say so myself, I think I've done a pretty good job

submitted by /u/DegreeAccomplished29
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/U5Jjai0

No comments:

Post a Comment