Friday, July 5, 2024

the dark side of losing a huge amount of weight

By all means, I have to start off by saying weight loss was the best thing that ever happened to me. I have lose roughly 200lbs and have been able to maintain it for almost 2 years. I started at 398lbs in 2020. I am currently 26F.

Weight loss did fix alot of my problems. It also gave me a life I had never experienced. I have definitely experienced living in the past 2 years than I have in my entire life and for that I am thankful.

Now for the negatives.

  1. My entire life and though process is calorie counting. If I stick to my calories, my mood is great, Ive done amazing, life is beautiful. If I go over my calories by even a few calories, my mood becomes trash, I get irritated, moody, etc.

  2. My entire day revolves around food noise in the sense that Im either thinking of what to eat thats low calorie, when can I eat next, how to stretch every calorie, etc. its honestly exhausting. My husband can look in the fridge and throw a few things together and call it a meal. I have to plan carefully as to how I can engineer the meal to be the least amount of calories, highest amount of volume and highest amount of protein. Its EXHAUSTING.

  3. I see more flaws in my body now than I did at 398lbs. maybe its because I care more and am harder on myself. But unfortunately I pick apart my body several times a day and on days where I am not mentally in the right mood, I cant look at the mirror without having an internal meltdown.

  4. I am obsessed with the scale. I will be starving in the morning but refuse to weight until the exact same time every day before even getting a sip of water. Its a problem.

  5. I have had 2 rounds of skin removal surgery and one follow up procedure. You would think it would be enough. Nope, Im going back in for another procedure to remove even more skin in some areas Im not happy about. It never ends. My husband tells me he finds my body so normal and beautiful but I cant seem to convince myself I am happy with it and I think I can always make it look better. Im sick of myself too.

  6. I am terrified of having babies because I dont want to ruin my body again. I am so worried Ill gain weight or stretch out my surgery results that I am dreading the idea of pregnancy.

  7. yea thats it for now.

I just wanted to write this to say that weight loss is great but it wont fix everything. but its still worth it to lose weight to live an overall healthier life. Do I have these thoughts, yes. But if you look at my life as a whole, you will see that although I have my issues, I have come a long way and have really changed my life for the better.

But yea I should see someone. This is pretty much borderline if not already an ED or something.

Drop some of your pros and cons of weight loss. Or opinions. Happy friday.

submitted by /u/zahimahi97
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/QjqalfH

No comments:

Post a Comment