Sunday, July 7, 2024

Body recomp is so hard and discouraging

I'm going back into weight loss journey for the 4th time in my life. Since I really wanted it to be lasting I decided to join the gym instead of running 3x times a week for 3 (summer) months and leave it at that like I used to do it previously.

I started in May and I definitely see the difference in the mirror but I only lost 3 pounds. It drives me crazy and is so discouraging for a person who associates weight loss journey with exactly that - weight loss. I know, in my head, that muscles are heavier than fat, that it takes time but I'm kinda in a low place right now and don't feel it in my heart. I enjoy strenght training more than I did running but the results are slower. I hope they will be longer lasting since I can go to gym year-round and I can only run outdoors in the summer due to smog.

I don't know what is the point of this post, I guess I just wanted to share my hardships in the hope that someone here already passed them and can share a success story to show me that it's hard but possible and worth it.

submitted by /u/camusdmc
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/6RJSIgn

No comments:

Post a Comment