Saturday, July 6, 2024

What foods/minerals/vitamins helped you with diet fatigue?

Hi all,

I've been losing weight for about 14 weeks, and went from 82kg to 68kg eating (mostly) in a range of 1200-1300kcal and doing cardio everyday. I had been feeling energized - I haven't been working during this time, and yet my days have been much longer. I used to work flexible hours and always wake up late, but since quitting I've been following a good schedule in the evenings and waking up every single day at 6:30am, staying busy with studies and physically active. My mental health is much better, so my motivation is in an all-time peak.

In the past couple of weeks, though, diet fatigue has started to creep in. It hasn't affected my sleep much, and I don't feel sleepy during the day either, but I feel physically weaker. I had comprehensive blood work done a few weeks ago, so I know for a fact I'm not deficient in anything - iron, vitamin b12, vitamin d.

Other than the obvious factor of having been consuming less calories over a period of time, which is literally fuel for my body, I have some ideas of what could be causing this, but would love some recommendations and to read what might have worked for those of you that have gone through this.

  • I'm wondering if my macro ratios need to be adjusted. Right now, the split is 20% protein, 43% carbs and 37% fat. I've always struggled with protein and have made a genuine effort to increase my intake, so there are days in which it is the same as carbs. Also, I do eat in a range, so when I eat less calories (closer to 1200 than 1300) carbs are the ones that I sacrifice. Not consciously, but because I mind protein more, that's what tends to happen;
  • My diet is naturally low in salt. I don't eat much outside and don't use it a lot in my meals, so I'm often somewhere between 1000-1500mg. I also drink a lot of water (as well as unsweetened tea/infusions, and coke zero on occasion), so I'm wondering if this is causing some type of imbalance. It's probably between 2-3L per day, out of habit.

I'm a lifelong vegetarian. I eat a lot of vegetables (really, a lot), and fruit, so my diet is high in fiber. I haven't been hungry at all during this weight loss period, and, given that my meals are not usually high in calories, I can also snack comfortably and have not felt the need to cut anything off.

I should also mention that I've started to increase my calorie intake. As of this month, I intend to stay around 1400kcal/day and increase it by 100 every month until November, then stay in a very low deficit for 3-4 months, we'll see. My plan isn't dependant on the weight I'm at, since I'm likely to enter a healthy weight range this month and would consider anything after to be a nice bonus.

submitted by /u/PurpleHymn
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/JXMUNHx

No comments:

Post a Comment