Thursday, July 11, 2024

When CICO and exercise actually work 😳

I’ve struggled with my weight my whole life, been overweight since middle school and obese/morbidly obese since late college (I’m 26F). My family doesn’t eat well, and I always just thought that I had a slow metabolism too and that’s why I struggled. It’s not my fault, right?

My parents have struggled with their weight as well, and every time I’ve tried to lose weight by calorie counting my family would talk about how that’s unhealthy and I should just eat healthier foods. I’d do that, maybe drop a couple of pounds, and then ultimately quit because I was being so restrictive with my diet.

Last year, I weighed in at the doctor at 300lbs and had nearly pre-diabetic A1C levels. As a result, I started making slow changes to eating healthier (like putting a limit on my added sugar intake). I slowly dropped weight - yay! But I wasn’t paying too much attention to my weight. Those small changes helped prep me for my more serious weight loss journey by transforming my relationship with food for the better. I’ve learned that moderation is ok! I started roughly counting calories in February of this year, and I bought a food scale and have been counting my calories more precisely for the past month and started the couch to 5k program 5 weeks ago. I’m down to about 240lbs and have noticed so many non-scale positive changes in my life this year that it’s almost overwhelming! I’ve been feeling fuller more easily, my digestion issues have disappeared, my mental health has been improving, etc. I still have so far to go before my GW of 160lbs, but I think the changes I’ve been making are something I can sustain and that’s such a great feeling! It’s like something clicked in my mind.

Anyway, isn’t it kind of frustrating that the simple solution (CICO, exercise) actually works??? For weight and for mental health?? lol

submitted by /u/bealeah
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Gl56sqk

No comments:

Post a Comment