Friday, July 5, 2024

Hi! I desperately need encouragement and a metaphorical slap in the face!

I keep finding new bottoms to sink to and I'm hoping that by writing this it will change something in my mindset. Please help me with advice! Or just encouragement

I've had times in my life where I was quite fit and times where I was obese. I've had the most success in losing weight and also feeling amazing by doing intermittent fasting and something called the dukan diet (basically nothing processed no sugar).

But now I'm getting older and I've gone from obese to morbidly obese. There was a while that I was technically morbidly obese but I still felt normal. But not now. Now I actually feel morbidly obese. I feel like a hero for walking a few blocks like I did a major accomplishment. My body is starting to feel like a prison.

I tried getting on the weight loss injections and I had a prescription but I can't afford it. My doctor recommended bariatric but I don't want it to have to come to that just yet. I've done major fasts before! I've done three day dry fasts. I love the high of exercise. I love how good I feel when I eat healthy. But it's been many years and I don't know how to start again.

And now I don't know what to do without food. Eating and hunger have nothing to do with each other anymore. It's almost like I don't know what to do with that myself without putting food in my mouth. I know I just have to reshape my mentality to getting my high from the gym instead of food but I don't know how to start.

I know I'll be able to do it once I start for 2 weeks but I don't know how to do those first two weeks. It seems so futile because especially now in menopause I barely lose any weight even if I don't eat anything. Please help me find the motivation to believe that it's worth starting even if I don't notice any difference for a month

submitted by /u/whatchagonnadobedo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/eXmdzhx

No comments:

Post a Comment