Saturday, July 6, 2024

I’ve lost 52lbs in the last 52 weeks, thank you very much r/loseit community.

I started my weight loss journey 52 weeks ago and as of yesterday I hit 52lbs of weight loss. When I started last year I was 8 months postpartum and still breastfeeding. In the lead up to my weight loss I didn’t have the mental or physical energy worry about my weight, but had really secretly hoped that it would naturally fall off from breastfeeding. So when started feeling like I was returning to a normal person I stepped on the scale to find that not only had I NOT lost any weight, but I had gained 4lbs since the last time I had weighted myself putting me at 189lbs. I redownloaded My Fitness Pal that day and started tracking my calories.

Since I was breastfeeding, and my goal was to make it at least until my baby was 12 months, I consulted an online calculator someone recommended in the breastfeeding Reddit sub. I customized my calories, to that and have been counting my calories nearly everyday since then, with a two week break around Christmas and in May when I went to Europe for vacation. I do intermittent fasting most days, and two days a week I will eat OMAD. I started out walking and then eased back into running to try avoid injury. I now run about 4 days a week for 30 minutes at an easy pace (I did end up injured anyway 🙄).

When I weaned my little one in December, I set my calorie goal to 1lbs a week, I also ended up switching to the LoseIt app in September. But lately my calorie allotment has been tighter and tighter and I can feel it.

My original goal was to get to 135,now that I’m within 2lbs, I decided I want to keep losing since I don’t think I’m at my ideal weight yet but more slowly than a pound a week. I’ll do a custom goal for that puts me closer and taper that to a half lb a week until I’m good and then taper to maintenance.

I’ve really relied on r/loseit for advice and reality checks. So thank you everyone 🙏🏻. This community absolutely played a part in all the work I’ve done in the past year.

submitted by /u/dierdrerobespierre
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/W0PUu2E

No comments:

Post a Comment