Saturday, July 13, 2024

It’s ok to take breaks my journey

I’m 19, and my highest weight was 280lbs. I am 5”7’ to 5”8’. Over 1.5-2 years I lost 70 pounds. After that I was able to maintain it but honestly I just could not get back into losing weight despite my goal weight being 185-170 (maybe 190 not sure?). Recently after pretty much a year ish of maintenance I’ve been getting back in and it’s going smoothly! I wanted to say that you’re doing a good job even when you’re having a cheat day or taking time to focus on maintenance. Even if the scale isn’t budging or you aren’t noticing the differences. Weight-loss is hard and can be stressful on your mental health and body. It’s easy to get lost in trying to achieve your goals but I’m trying to remember that also a big accomplishment is that I’ve been able to maintain my 70lb weight loss. The main goal is being able to be at a healthier weight and lifestyle. Yes I wanna take pride in my appearance but it’s so much more than that! At my highest weight I started having trouble getting out of chairs, I felt tired/winded after 1-2 flights of stairs, I couldn’t hold a plank for 15 seconds. I was so sweaty all the time. I was super depressed, insecure, and hopeless about my life but especially my weight. It was a difficult process, but now I live on the 3rd floor and am able to go up multiple flights of stairs and my legs feel tired instead of my lungs. I can hold a plank for 30 seconds. I can get out of chairs AND I can get up off the ground without having to push myself up using my knees (I can just roll up or stand!). I have more clothing choices, I feel so much better about myself. My life is so much different than when I started! Yes I have a “mom bod”, yes I have noticeable loose skin, yes I was that size, and yes I’m still overweight but who cares? I’m proud of myself and there’s no reason to define our accomplishments around others. I know it can be daunting when you’re starting (or honestly in general) but I wanna say it’s so awesome that you’re trying! It’s awesome how far you’ve come regardless of its day 3, day 30, or day 300! You’re taking care of yourself! You’re putting yourself and your health first! That is something wonderful! There’s gonna be ups and downs, but it’s awesome to see that you get your mobility and your agency back! I’m proud of you!

submitted by /u/SeaworthinessAble309
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/NbZJgR1

No comments:

Post a Comment