Wednesday, July 3, 2024

I've lost 60 pounds. Yay! I still have 20 to go. Booo. The problem is that hunger is now physically painful, and I still look like shit.

M, 6'1, 193 lbs. Started around 255-260 lbs. 15 month total journey so far.

My goal is to have visible abs. For me, that will require me to reach about 175 lbs.

I know how to track my calories. I know how this process works. I've done it very well over the past year + change. When I calculate that I should lose 2 lbs based on what I ate, I pretty much always lose 2 lbs. I calculate accurately!

My problem is now weight loss feels mentally impossible. I know that a deficit will still work -- physics won't magically break. Now, though, any deficit at all leads to such intense hunger pangs that they're physically painful. My stomach feels like it's folding over on itself and squeezing. It's like something is grabbing my organs and clamping down on them. Then, that classic gurgling and squelching follows that is common to all stomach grumbling. It was just a hunger pang. But it was so, so painful.

It really, really sucks. All of my fat at this point is concentrated in my belly and my chest. As a man, there isn't a single less attractive place that my body could choose to deposit its extra energy, and yet, this is the cross I must bear. It's not gyno, either -- the tissue is soft and squishy and I can feel my ribs underneath my nip. Yet, despite being only 4 lbs overweight by BMI, I have bigger breasts than most women. It's absolutely infuriating. Despite weighing less than my brother, his jawline is free of fat and his chest and belly are flat. Despite doing everything right, my goal is no less closer (visibly) than it was when I started.

I'm tired, man. I refuse to be obese again, but it feels like I'll never be "normal."

submitted by /u/Tricky2RockARhyme
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/SMOCmgs

No comments:

Post a Comment