Monday, July 22, 2024

Need HELP: Age 42 and I can't seem to get fat off my body

Hey Friends...thank you for being of assistance. I'll try to make this short:

-Overweight since age 9, so YES I have a very good idea of all diets/methods/weighing/measuring/MFP/etc.

-Lost 80 pounds when I was 28 yrs old, creeped back over past 10 years. I lost that in about 1.5 yrs with Weight Watchers (basically Cal in/out with some emphasis on nutrition).

-Past 5 years or so have been dealing with my mental/emotional health as well as restrictive/binge habits, was advised to NOT count/restrict (therapist), etc as a way to heal that mindset that had my weight up and down filled with shame for so many decades.

-I'm at a place where counting feels OK again as a way to learn whats good for me, prioritize protein and healthy eating at home.

-Been tracking in MFP for over 6 weeks, not a single pound lost. Doing 3-4 days of heavy compound lifting on a program from a trainer, walking 10k steps other days while I rest my knee (light arthritis). I do mentally feel better.

(INFO: TDEE is 3,298 maintenance, 2298 "extreme weight loss". Been eating between 1900-2,400/day for 5 weeks. Have a food scale, measure ALL oils, sauces, portions, etc. I aint messin' around. DO NOT eat my workout calories. Over-estimate on tracking if I eat out, like at chipotle for example).

Starting to wonder if there is a metabolic issue at all, hormonal issue with possibly the pressure of losing again or if my body is like "FUCK this, we're not moving". Makes it very tough to make all these changes because when I was eating "whatever, whenever" I also stayed the same...so big changes leading nowhere it seems.

submitted by /u/Diolives
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/vkDnGsT

No comments:

Post a Comment