Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Is it okay to get a large chunk of protein from shakes and bars when in a deficit?

Long time lurker making his first post :)

I (24M, 6’2”)started my weight loss journey this April after gaining a ton of weight during lockdown and being in a sedentary office job. I’m currently 8kg (17.64lb) down from 142kg (313lb) and have been managing to gain lean mass as well as lose fat at a steady pace. I had been trying to get 120g of protein each day while in a calorie deficit of 2000kcal.

My issue is that while I CAN get to my protein goal with the foods I eat, I find it’s not very sustainable and I feel it’s ruining my relationship with food and leaving me at risk of falling back into poor eating habits.

I currently drink clear whey protein shakes after every weight lifting session, but was wondering if I could increase how much protein I’m getting from the shakes and bars without it having some kind of negative impact. I’m hoping it would give me a bit more freedom in what I eat for my meals, which in turn makes the weight loss journey just a tad easier.

Could I have 3 shakes every day for example (60g protein, 252kcal) and get the remaining 60 through my food? I feel I’m making good progress, but I’m definitely wavering at the moment trying to keep this amount of protein up in regular foods.

submitted by /u/Eerased_Areas
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2dlUYVP

No comments:

Post a Comment