Saturday, July 13, 2024

Stopped working out for 4 months. Wondering how much is muscle loss and how much is fat loss.

Stopped working out (4 month break after 1.5 yrs of working out) and went from 188 (April 1st) --> 176 (July 11th) at 5'8. How much was fat/stored fat, how much was muscle?

I look visibly smaller now but my waist line has only gone down an inch or two. Did I mostly lose muscle? During this time period, I've been skipping breakfast pretty consistently as a part of intermittent fasting and want to say my calories in were lower than before but I'm not 100% certain I've been on a calorie deficit consistently because I would eat whatever I wanted for lunch and dinner. Perhaps 75% of the days I was in a deficit.

I've been excited about the weight loss but I'd be sad if more than 75% of the 12 lbs lost were muscle.

submitted by /u/NefariousnessFirm801
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/bvfwhnA

No comments:

Post a Comment