Friday, July 12, 2024

Pregnancy and Weight Loss

In 2018 I got on the scale and was 215 pounds at 5’6 and decided to make a change. I had my ups and downs but through CICO and falling in love with exercise, I got down to 145. I ran a marathon. I was weight lifting almost every day. I loved what I saw in the mirror. I loved how I looked in clothes. My energy level was so high.

In January I got pregnant which is a huge blessing and I am thrilled to meet my son in October. My body is incredible and I am creating a human life. I’m doing what I was meant to do. And looking in the mirror is so hard. I don’t look at the scale at doctors appointments but I know I’m above 200 pounds (started in January around 160 because I gained while marathon training and also happy relationship marriage weight which honestly I was ok with). Half of my brain feels like a failure because I’m “fat” again and the logical part of my brain knows that my body is doing what it needs to do to support the growth of this baby.

It’s a massive mindf**k. Looking in the mirror is so hard and also I’m so proud of what I’m doing. And I know I can be healthy again but I also know that my priorities have to shift a little and I need to be ok with that. Being a woman is tough. And amazing.

submitted by /u/alicehatesthis
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/m1Lztxe

No comments:

Post a Comment