Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Does exercise ACTUALLY allow me to eat more? Am I doing this wrong?

I'm back on the weight loss train after losing 100 pounds 2021-2022, and taking a year to maintain in 2023 (actually lost 20 pounds, so relative maintenance). I'm 27F, 4'11", 140 pounds, and would like to lose 20-30 more pounds ideally. When I started counting calories again at the beginning of the spring, I was eating around 1200 a day OMAD style. I've done OMAD the entire time I've been losing weight, so it was comfortable for me. But I kept falling off on the weekends and ruining my deficit for the whole week because I would eat nonstop all weekend...

Then, I started adding in running and light exercise to increase my TDEE 2 months ago. I run 5-6 days a week for 40-60 mins, 15k-20k steps a day, 15 mins pilates 5 days a week, 10 mins yoga daily, eating 1500-1600 calories and 90-100 g protein. I've cleaned my diet up entirely and feel MUCH better than I did 2 months ago.

But I see others... NOT increase their deficit with working out? Is it possible? I know I should focus on what is sustainable to me personally (which 1200 cals with running is NOT for me - I have tendancies to faint already) but I'm always worried that I'm somehow overeating/"doing it wrong". Am I thinking about this the wrong way? I'm new to exercise in general and want to keep it up for my overall health, but I want to lose the last of my extra weight too.

submitted by /u/ShibaFox
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/RQi4Tyg

No comments:

Post a Comment