Friday, June 14, 2019

"A shot of Bacardi? What's wrong with you?" And other bar troubles

Feeling like I can't catch a break lately! My work friend and I occasionally get a shot at the bar after work. We work in the restaurant industry, days are long, etc. Before my weight loss journey, I would always get the same thing- the beer + shot special for $6. After starting CICO I realized that was hurting my calories. The beer was usually about 160 calories (microbrew) and the shot of whiskey about 100 calories- for a total of 260ish calories each time.

Obviously, I did some research and adjusted to something lower cal. From what I saw, Bacardi has the lowest calories at 48 calories per shot. Half the calories of the whiskey I'd usually opt for. Awesome! I'll switch to Bacardi for shots, and Bacardi seltzer with a lime for a drink. Easy solution, right? Hahaha. No.

I've gotten so much shit from bartenders regarding my drink orders since making the switch. They moan and groan about putting the lime in my drink- sometimes outright refusing me. Yes I know it's a little extra work to cut limes. But without it, I'm drinking rum and water which isnt appetizing to me. And today, the bartender (a nice guy who I like) said "A shot of Bacardi? What's wrong with you?" It just kind of hurt a bit. I had to explain by telling him that I was on a diet and that Bacardi has half the calories as whiskey.

His reply was "Oh... I didnt know that." I know its minor and I get it. Our bar is more of a whiskey bar, in a big beer town. I just dont like having to justify my choices and tell my coworkers about my weight loss stuff. Kinda feel like the odd one out. Does anyone else feel alienated by their weird food/drink requests? I'm sure it's not just me... right? 😅

submitted by /u/heartfullxo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/31yCkYI

No comments:

Post a Comment